ORC Week 5&6: LVP Flooring Installation

We have visible progress, people!! If you’re new around here, I’m in the process of renovating my primary bathroom for the One Room Challenge. I’ve been working with ambitious design plans, a completely gutted space, and a stubborn need to DIY every bit of it. If you’re looking to catch up on the progress we made the past few weeks, I’ll link the previous posts below. Last week, we wrapped up demo and put up shiplap around half of the room. This week, WE HAVE FLOORS!!!

WEEK 1 | WEEK 2 | WEEK 3 | WEEK 4

After making a change to the original design plans, we installed LVP flooring in half of the room and painted enough shiplap to prep for the vanity! Here’s a recap–

What We Did This Week

  1. Installed LVP flooring in half the room
  2. Moved the vanity into the bathroom
  3. Installed the prettiest, yet affordable, faucets
  4. Repaired drywall along the shower wall
  5. Painted the shiplap “Soft Secret” by Behr

In the original design plans, I chose a black limestone tile for the flooring. However, when I saw it in the store I realized it was way too heavy for our small, upstairs bathroom. After walking around Floor and Decor for probably two hours, I ended up bringing three waterproof vinyl plank samples home with me. I decided on Nucor “Driftwood Oak” and purchased five boxes the next day. Installation was SO much easier than tile would have been and it really brought in the warmth we needed.

After some paint and an afternoon of work, this view looks a little different now!

The color, “Soft Secret” by Behr, is really the perfect soft grey with warm undertones. I’ll be painting the door to match so it feels really elevated.

When I stepped back and looked at this view, it was truly a “pinch me” moment. I know it’s not perfect and we still have a whole lot more work to do, but it’s the first time we’ve seen visible progress. Once we got it to this point, we could bring in the vanity and install the faucets!

The replacement knobs for the cabinets haven’t come in yet, but when they do this will all be beautiful, brass hardware.

As for the other half of the room…it’s still very much a work in progress. Once we get our bathtub and plumbing figured out, the rest should happen very quickly. We repaired some drywall today to prep for tile and I’ve gotta say, it looks like a little less of a disaster now.

Not too shabby for a few weekends of work, right? Six weeks may sound like a long time, but I keep reminding myself that we are only human, and we both work full-time while maintaining some semblance of a social life. When I look at it from that perspective, I’m pretty damn proud of us. The toilet works and the house is still standing so I’m calling that a win. Until next week, you can keep up with our progress on Instagram. I will attempt to share as much as I can (Keyword: “attempt”).

Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Add a comment

  1. Holley Brick says:

    It’s looking so good!!! Yall are doing an awesome job, thanks for taking us along for the ride!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *